- Get your bike serviced and give it a good check-over before you ride the event.
- Do some rides in the weeks before the event to get used to your bike and build up your fitness level.
- Carry water and food, keep your hydration levels up by drinking regularly during the ride.
- Carry wet weather clothing, as well as keeping you dry in the wet it will also keep you warm.
- Respect the Highway Code at all times and be courteous to other road and cycle track users.
- Carry tools, spare inner tube and repair kit appropriate to your type of bike.
- Why not involve family and friends, they may not ride the event with you but they can always wave you on!
- Pace yourself. The event is open from 9am to 6pm, take time to rest at the checkpoints.
- Respect the distance! The main ride is a good 100km (62 miles) with numerous hills. If you find the idea of 100k a bit daunting you can always opt for the 55k (34 miles) event.
- Most importantly, enjoy yourself!
10 TOP TIPS TO HELP YOU ENJOY YOUR RANDONNEE EXPERIENCE