On the Day
A Checklist to make the most of the event on the day
|Safety First - Remember that the Randonnee is NOT A RACE and IS NOT A SPORTIVE. It's a family event, on open roads for all to enjoy.
- You can start at any of the checkpoints on the day.
- There is no parking at any of the checkpoints specifically - please do not bring your cars to them on the day, but instead use public car parks where available. Yarmouth for example has a large car park in town, near to the checkpoint.
- Please bring with you a printout of your Entry Number that was emailed to you - we will exchange this for a Brevet card at your first checkpoint. Without the printout of your entry number, you will need to join the queues to re-register.
- As you progress around the route, you can get your Brevet card stamped at each of the checkpoints.
- There are feed stations are Wootton, Yarmouth and Bembridge checkpoints - snacks available at others also.
- If you are coming across to the island on the day from the Southampton or Portsmouth, on the 0800 car ferry sailings, we will have a member of the team on-board so you can exchange your registration number for a brevet card on the boat and therefore no need to stop at the first checkpoint.
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult and participants under the age of 18 must have a signed parental consent form; the form can be found here and must be handed to checkpoint on the day.
- When you return to your starting checkpoint, and collect your last stamp, you can pick up a completion Certificate. Badges are also available for £4.