On the Day
A Checklist to make the most of the event on the day
Safety First - Remember that the Randonnee is NOT A RACE and IS NOT A SPORTIVE. It's a family event, on open roads for all to enjoy.
- You can start at any of the checkpoints on the day.
- There is no parking at any of the checkpoints specifically - please do not bring your cars to them on the day, but instead use public car parks where available. Yarmouth for example has a large car park in town, near to the checkpoint.
- Please bring with you a printout of your e-Ticket (or mobile device with the e-Ticket on there) that was emailed to you - we need to scan this and we will exchange this for a Brevet card at your first checkpoint. Without e-Ticket, you will need to join the queues to re-register.
- As you progress around the route, you can get your Brevet card stamped at each of the checkpoints or use our Mobile App.
- There are feed stations are Wootton, Yarmouth and Bembridge checkpoints - snacks available at others also.
- On presentation of your Brevet card, you can get a reduced priced ticket (£1) for the Cowes floating bridge - this can be purchased at the Yarmouth checkpoint (recommended for those on 100km ride) or at the West Cowes terminal.
- If you are coming across to the island on the day on the Southampton 0800 car ferry sailing, we will have a member of the team on-board so you can exchange your registration number for a brevet card on the boat and therefore no need to stop at the first checkpoint.
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult and participants under the age of 18 must have a signed parental consent form; the form can be found here and must be handed to checkpoint on the day.
- When you return to your starting checkpoint, and collect your last stamp, you can pick up a completion Certificate. Badges are also available for £4.